Advantages of distance learning, online education or e-learning
- Distance learning does not require commuting. This saves you money and time that you’d otherwise spend on travel back and forth to school. You can schedule learning around other aspects of your personal and professional life.
- You can complete most of the classes at your convenience. Most of the classes are asynchronous, which means you don’t have to attend a lecture at a particular time and place. You can review the assignments and do your homework during off-hours or from home.
- Live anywhere, study from anywhere while pursuing the education of your choice. You don’t have to live in the same city or the same country to attend the learning institution of your choice. You can study wherever you have access to a computer and Internet connection.
- Gain extra knowledge. You can transfer the computer and Internet skills that you’ll gain in the process of your distance learning experience to other facets of your life.
- Self-paced learning. For slow and quick learners. This reduces stress and increases satisfaction.
- Accessibility. Online classes address physical accessibility issues that some people with limited mobility encounter when taking traditional classes. You don’t have to worry about gaining access to a classroom or sitting on uncomfortable desks. Instead, you can use your comfortable furniture in your home while enjoying free movement and a chance to further your education.